Hey readers, so today I am headed to the Big Apple and I am so excited! I have never been to NYC before… I know kind of shocking since I love high heels. Anyways I am headed to NYC with the Global Leadership Certificate Program to present our projects to the German Innovation Center. Even though there is a long car ride ahead of me tomorrow, I am all packed and ready to go. Now packing for a work/school-related trip can be tricky because you need to have the right balance of clothes, shoes and accessories. Here’s the list of what you need to do when packing:
- Pick the small suitcase. It’s a short trip, and I always say go for the hardcover suitcases because they fit a ton!
- Pick out your business outfits. If you’re giving a presentation or need to dress in business casual or business professional, pick out what you will wear first.
- Pick out your casual clothes. Always pack one pair of jeans, cute going out tops and a casual dress if it’s warm.
- The shoes. Only ever pick heels if you have flats to wear while walking from place to place. I love heels but I hate trotting down the street block after block in them.
- Toiletries. I am picky about using hotel shampoos, conditioners and soaps. I will only ever use the hotel toiletries if I’m at certain hotel branches, because 1) I’m allergic to Dove soap and 2) again I’m picky.
- The bag. If you’re a guy, make sure you have a briefcase of some sort and if you’re a woman always have a business bag. I am currently using a Coach tote I got over winter break, but my normal business bag staple is a blue tote that only cost me $39.95 but looks like it’s worth so much more.
- Electronics. Make sure you have your laptop, iPad/tablet (if you have one), chargers, headphones, bluetooth, etc. If you forget a phone charger you will be sorry!
- Traveling outfit. I always like to look stylish and comfortable. I don’t believe in sweatpants outside of the house or the gym… I will wear yoga pants but you never know who you will meet while traveling! Especially on an airplane.
- Final check. Make sure you have everything and anything you will need. Don’t forget any medications, tylenol and your toothbrush.
Well there’s my list. My #10 item on this list is have fun. You’re going on a trip and it’s going to be great, remember that and have a great time!
So excited for the Big Apple! Eeeek!
Virgin America safety video is so entertaining and catchy 🙂