Okay, so I’ve been perfectly fine until now. Tomorrow is my first day at wait for it… Ogilvy! I am so excited and nervous, I am jittery writing this post. It was a long application process, but it just goes to show hard work really does pay off. I will be waking up early, hoping in the shower and taking an express train downtown.
I have to be there by 9 a.m. so wish me luck on my first day!
P.S. Video is Carrie Bradshaw of her first day at Vogue
Photo credit: Pinterest
It’s official readers… after this semester I will have enough credit hours to be considered a senior. Someone grab me a paper bag now as I hyperventilate. Just kidding! Seriously, I was one of those people who planned to graduate early and I always get the answer “DON’T DO IT!” Too late guys. I worked my butt off with taking 19 credit hours per semester for the past two years to do this and it’s great that you don’t mind sticking around for another semester but I thought of something that would be pretty cool to do during that time: Intern.
I have not yet had the chance to intern in NYC yet. I know right? The girl’s who blog has the words “High Heels” in it hasn’t interned in NYC? Well I went to Ireland instead. Looking at my college checklist, yes I made one freshman year (with a timeline!). My plans were to:
- Get insanely involved freshman year. Check!
- Joined a sorority and campus organizations related to my major.
- Summer of sophomore year I planned to work. Check!
- Worst job in the entire world… I found out I hated sales.
- Sophomore year I was going to take tons of credit hours and become a leader in campus organizations. Check!
- Was made an Account Executive at ImPRessions and became Alumnae Relations Chair of my sorority.
- Summer of sophomore year I was going to go to Vietnam with the GLC then intern abroad. Check!
- I went to Vietnam for two weeks, spent a week back home in Chicago, then went to Ireland and interned for 8 weeks in Irish parliament.
- Junior year I plan to make Dean’s list, continue leadership positions on campus, have a virtual internship during the semesters, be an Intern Queen Campus Ambassador, continue working for Insomnia Cookies as a Marketing Representative, learn how to cook a decent meal, and have fun!
- Dean’s list: N/A
- Continue leadership positions on campus: Check!
- Have a virtual internship during the semesters: half Check!
- Be an Intern Queen Campus Ambassador: Check!
- Continue working for Insomnia Cookies: Check!
- Learn how to cook a decent meal: N/A (depends by opinion)
- Have fun: N/A (how do I measure this?)
So what do I have planned for the next year or so? I have an idea. It’s not concrete but I can say I have achieved so much within 3 years of being here at OU. I’ve gained and lost relationships. Found out what I want to do with my life, somewhat. I lived in a foreign country and worked in parliament, who does that?! How was all of this conceivable? Hard work, luck, persistence, passion, confidence, ability to somewhat stay calm and an amazing support system. I do have plans to intern in NYC either this summer or after I’m done early but who knows what will happen next? I’m not thinking about it!
“The higher the better. It’s more about an attitude. High heels empower women in a way.” -Christian Louboutin
P.S. To my family, friends and readers thank you! I couldn’t have achieved this much without all of your support. Mountains have been moved and I don’t know anyone else who has experienced what I have. I am truly thankful.
Photo credit: Pinterest
Posted in College
Tagged Business, Chicago, Christian Louboutin, Goals, Graduating, high heels, internships, Ireland, Junior, leaving early, New York City, plans, Senior, sex and the city, Sophomore, support system, United States, Vietnam, Virtual internship